Peer Review and Acceptance/Rejection
- No limit on the number of reviewers per abstract, nor on the number or type of review criteria.
- Flexible enough to handle your style of abstract review.
- Blinded peer review options, automatic reviewer assignment and conflict checking.
- Comprehensive statistical tools allow you to process and analyze reviewer data and easily accept or reject submissions.
Other Review Processes
- Multi Round Review
- Manuscript Review
- Award Applications
Take advantage of our flexible architecture. We customize the tool to fit you, rather than forcing you to fit the tool. In one place you can:
- Track abstracts and assign them to sessions
- Assign sessions to particular time slots and rooms
- Schedule invited speakers, committee meetings, and all other events
- Create a certificate, suitable for framing, acknowledging and documenting the virtual poster presentation at this meeting, and presenters can incorporate that certificate into their professional documentation.
- Detect scheduling conflicts automatically
- Include personalized scheduling information in notices to speakers
- Output scheduling information in the form of the finished program
- Your organization can collect a fee during the submission process in order to offset the expense of internet access at the meeting.
- The Conference Exchange can manage access to these virtual posters, making them accessible only to meeting attendees, or to your organization’s membership.
Functions and Events
Conferences are more than just speakers, abstracts, and PowerPoint presentations. The variability of sessions types and room setup needs requires tools to manage your events and locations. In addition to program sessions, we routinely support:
- Business meetings
- Social events
- Awards ceremonies
- Speaker Ready Rooms
- Information kiosks
- Coffee/snack breaks
- Meet-the-Experts/Networking events
- Staff Offices
- Nursing/Mother’s rooms
- Equipment storage
You can use Confex Function Services to manage the logistic requirements for your sessions, events, and spaces, including:
- Room Setup (round tables, hollow square, classroom, theater, etc)
- Food and Beverage
- Miscellaneous items such as floral centerpieces or badge scanners
Your program chairs play an invaluable role in several phases of the meeting planning process – from developing a conference theme and content to reviewing abstracts to moderating sessions. But that still leaves a lot of unglamorous day-to-day content management to handle, and we know conference planners already have limited resources. Confex is designed to let you outsource as much of that effort as you are comfortable with.
You can control what chairs can see and do, limiting them to just their area of expertise or giving them access to the entire meeting. Once in the system, they have a range of tools available to them:
- Add new sessions or edit existing ones
- Assign chairs, moderators, discussants, etc
- Schedule sessions
- Add and assign reviewers
- Track progress/activity
- Use scoring worksheets and reports to determine the best content for your meeting
- Use final review tools to accept papers and sessions individually or en masse
- Any report can be made available to the chairs, showing or hiding details as needed
- Let chairs manage your correspondence with submitters, accepted and rejected authors, session chairs, and so on; they can even create new email templates (but don’t worry, we’ll make sure you get a copy of any email sent from the Confex email tool)
Schedule Your Way, Not Ours.
In our experience providing conference planning tools, we have seen almost as many different scheduling methods and procedures as we have clients. This has informed our development over the years. As a result, we provide numerous methods for scheduling your conference.
The more we develop relationships with new associations, the more we learn. When it comes to scheduling, don’t settle for a tool that doesn’t meet your specific needs. Choose a completely customizable interface designed with you in mind.
Reduce Human Error
Our scheduling tools and reports give you the peace of mind to plan your programming without worrying about scheduling conflicts, double-bookings, or capacity requirements. Why wait until you're done scheduling to find conflicts? Use our duplicate presenters report to detect participants that should be a critical focus during scheduling.
Set room capacities and setup requirements in advance, and allow Confex to warn you when you've booked a session in a room where it simply will not fit. Run our conflict checker after you've completed scheduling to detect personal conflicts, from overlapping up to three hours apart.
Once the schedule is finalized, integrate with web or native meeting app to monitor expected attendance, and adjust your schedule to place popular sessions in high-capacity rooms.
Grid Scheduling Tool and Quick Scheduler
Are you still scheduling with sticky notes on a wall or index cards tacked to a bulletin board? Still dealing with the expensive inconvenience of flying your program planners in from around the globe?
Upgrade to a virtual solution. When you open our grid scheduler, you'll notice it looks very much like those old wall grids of the past. Project it on the wall for a full view of the conference as it's currently scheduled, or join a WebEx conference to discuss the schedule with planners outside your office. Zero in on a particular day to see scheduling details.
Easily detect conflicts and overbookings with color-coded warnings. Prefer more of a spreadsheet-like approach? Use the Confex Quick Scheduler to filter your sessions by type, program, or status (to name a few) and book them all at once.
You Make The Rules
It's your conference. If you have volunteers scheduling your program, Confex can make certain your scheduling procedures and business rules are followed.
Allow volunteers to only access one particular program or symposium for scheduling.
Restrict scheduling access to certain users. Prohibit double-booking.
Let Confex automatically police the scheduling process so you can focus on all the other details of your meeting.